Taking up Kayaking, Paddleboarding or Canoeing? A waterproof backpack is a really useful item to add to your gear list. Here we look at a selection of the best waterproof backpacks.
1. Ultra Dry Adventurer Premium 35L and 55L Waterproof Dry Bag Backpack
The Ultra Dry Adventurer waterproof backpacks are the perfect combination of a dry bag and backpack. It also comes with a waterproof phone case as well, meaning you won’t have to worry about your valuables on your next adventure. This bag is a great size, it keeps everything safe and dry and is light enough to fill and not hold you back.
We love the quality of this product it is tough, resists tears, abrasions, and punctures. It is made from the very highest quality pure grade Y7.5mm thick 500D (Denier Density) waterproof polymer, it’s soft, flexible and strong, even in the harshest of conditions. The thermal welding technology ensures the strong seams are watertight. Reinforced construction at all stress points, make it even tougher!
- 100% WATERPROOF DRY BAGS SET GUARANTEED (IPX66) keeping all your gear protected no matter what the conditions! from being plunged into white water on an extreme kayak run, hiking in torrential rain or at the beach, your gear is protected & safe. 49 cm high when folded, by 42 cm wide when flat, with 85 cm circumference, great for travel hand/ cabin luggage.
2. Earth PakSummit Series Waterproof Dry Bag Backpack
This 35-litre heavy-duty waterproof backpack is made to hold more than just the basics. Tuck in a sleeping bag, clothes for up to two, food, and more. By day, have it carry and protect all your gear. By night, use it as a camping pillow so it will never leave your side. Its recommended for trips up to 1.5 weeks. It is 100% waterproof to ensure your gear stays completely dry while travelling, kayaking, biking, commuting, camping, hiking and fishing. Designed with a roll-top closure and single reinforced strip to ensure water stays out. Simply fold the bag down 3-4 times, buckle, and you are ready to go! It is constructed with an ergonomic padded back panel, reinforced contoured shoulder straps, and a low-profile sternum strap providing ultimate comfort by taking the weight off your back. In addition, a heavy-duty waist belt relieves added pressure to help support your load.
- COMPLETE WATERPROOF PROTECTION: 100% waterproof to ensure your gear stays completely dry while traveling, kayaking, biking, commuting, camping, and fishing.
- EASY TO USE: Designed with a roll-top closure and single reinforced strip to ensure water stays out. Simply fold the bag down 3-4 times, buckle, and you are ready to go!
3. Oxford Aqua V 20 Waterproof Backpack
The Oxford Aqua V Waterproof backpack is designed for all-weathers. They are perfect to take cycling, paddleboarding, kayaking, or canoeing. They are a great way to take items with you and keep them safe and dry. They are available with either 12, 14 or 20L of storage space for all your kit. Suitable for the rainy season as there is a waterproof roll-top closure and water-resistant zipped external pocket. The material itself can be wiped clean and has a waterproof construction and welded seams. Available in a range of extreme visibility colours along with reflective detailing which helps improve visibility even further to keep you seen on the roads and water. For comfort, there is an adjustable waist and chest strap along with back panels for extra padding.
- Extreme Visibility - Reflective detailing for improved visibility
- Waterproof roll top closure backpack
- Water resistant zipped external pocket & welded seams
4. Cathay Fenix Waterproof Backpack
This Cathay Fenix waterproof bag keeps your gear protected wherever your travels take you. This waterproof backpack is made from heavy-duty 500-denier PVC to seal out the elements with watertight, welded seams and a roll-down top. We love this colour, but it also comes in a lovely blue and yellow. Its sternum clip and padded back support help relieve pressure on muscles and its thick, cushioned straps adjust for custom comfort. Handy D-rings at sides hold water bottles and other gear. It’s so easy to pack and close, simply roll down the top at least 3 times, then click the top clip to create an instant handle. Or you can use the side clips and adjust for a snug, compressed fit. It has a spacious interior pocket that keeps electronics and other valuables separate from wet towels & swimsuits. Splash-proof outer pocket safely holds keys, IDs, more.
- COMFORT & CONVENIENCE: Sternum clip & padded back support help relieve pressure on muscles. Thick, cushioned straps adjust for custom comfort. Handy D-rings at sides hold water bottles & other gear.
5. CCTYCC Waterproof Backpack Dry Bag
We love this backpack dry bag. Its made of high-quality PVC plus mesh cloth, without zipper stitching, a soft glue is inlaid at the top opening, which is used to fix the bag fabric, this is convenient for folding. All the interface parts are made of high-temperature hot press, and the diagonal strap can be removed. When camping, it can be used as a water-filling device. Keep your items dry, clean, safe, and protect them from sand, dust, mud and snow. No matter what kind of adventure you are engaged in, such as kayaking, canoeing, paddle boarding, snowboarding, skiing, hiking, camping, reclining, these bags are perfect. They are waterproof, light, compact, durable and come in a range of colours.
- ★COMPREHENSIVE WATERPROOF PROTECTION: 100% waterproof to ensure your equipment stays completely dry when traveling, kayaking, biking, commuting, camping, hiking and fishing.
6. Earth Pak-Torrent Series Waterproof Dry Bag
These dry bags with shoulder straps are made of high-quality 500D PVC fabric, which can withstand the pressure of compressed items without tearing. The scratch-resistant and wear-resistant materials are high-performance, durable, waterproof, splash-proof, and anti-fog. We love that they float on the surface when dropped and keep items dry at all times. Each bag is equipped with an adjustable and detachable shoulder strap, which can be worn cross-body or on the shoulder. Dry backpacks are suitable for various outdoor activities, such as hiking, camping, climbing, cycling and water sports, such as floating, kayaking, swimming, boating, canoeing, fishing, rafting, surfing. Just grab your bag and start your adventure.
- PROTECT YOUR GEAR: Constructed from commercial-grade 500D PVC for high performance, durability, and protection. All seams are thermowelded shut to provide the ultimate waterproof protection for your gear!
7. SupreGear Waterproof Dry Bag
This is an excellent bag to protect your gear and valuables from water, sand, or ash during outdoor adventures. No worry if it falls into a river accidentally since it will float on water. A great choice for boating, kayaking, camping, hiking, swimming and other outdoor activities. It’s really easy to use just roll the top of your bag down 4 to 5 times tightly, bend the bag in the opposite direction of rolls and secure with buckle closure, and the goods inside will be kept dry and safe. It is durable and comfortable, comfortable to carry with its adjustable padded shoulder strap. The reinforced and soft hand strap reduces irritation from friction and enhances the durability of the product. This includes a waterproof phone pouch, a mesh side pocket for your water bottle and umbrella, a reflective strip for nighttime safety, and a splashproof outer zip pocket safely for easy access to your small items.
- Excellent Waterproof and Sealing Performance: Protect your gear and valuables from water, sand, or ash during outdoor adventures; No worry if it falls into a river accidentally since it will float on water; A great choice for boating, kayaking, camping, hiking, swimming and other outdoor activities
8. ATCLIP Waterproof Dry Bag
The ATCLIP waterproof dry bag is made from premium 500D tarpaulin material with professional seamless technology and an additional layer of clear PVC lining on the top. This dry bag has overall waterproof capability, making sure to keep your valuables dry on your outdoor activities like boating and kayaking. The 10L dry bags come with a 24-42 Inch single shoulder strap, 20L dry bags come with 2pcs 24-42 Inch shoulder strap relieving pressure and helping support your load, this is very convenient for sports like boating, rafting, kayaking, swimming, mountaineering etc.
9. Aqua Quest Waterproof Dry Bag Backpack
After using this backpack you probably won’t go back to a standard backpack. It is comfortable, functional and completely waterproof. Aqua Quest designs and manufactures high-performance bags suitable for rigorous backwoods adventures and vigorous everyday use. Protect your gear from rain, snow, dirt, dust, sand, and even quick temporary submersion with these backpacks.
This bag features a splash-resistant front zip pocket and a large front sleeve pocket to provide quick access to your smaller items. We love this as it’s great for keeping your wet and dirty stuff separate from your main compartment! For maximum visibility, choose the option with the fully reflective front panel and help keep you or your loved ones safe and visible.
- 100% WATERPROOF - From extreme adventure to daily urban use, the Aqua Quest Stylin keeps your valuables safe from rain, snow, dirt, dust, or sand, and even protects against quick temporary submersion. Once you go waterproof, you'll never go back!
Let us know if you have tried any of these waterproof backpacks. Do you enjoy kayaking, paddleboarding and canoeing and have an alternative waterproof backpack to recommend? If so, let us know in the comments.